The Advantages And Disadvantages of Offering Tutoring Packages
Having your own tutoring business can be challenging because you have to make sure that you find ways on how to retain your students. One of the best ways to retain old clients and encourage new ones to join is to offer tutoring packages. Tutoring packages are great in bundling your tutorial services. Moreover, its presence also helps you define the types of products and services that you can offer to your clients. While it is very inviting to offer tutoring packages, it is important that you know the advantages and disadvantage of tutoring packages.
The Advantages Of Tutoring Packages
There are many advantages of tutoring packages and below is a discussion why you should implement and offer packages to your students.
Tutoring packages are effective when it comes to keeping your business environment professional. Tutoring packages define the exact hours and sessions that your students can avail when they purchase a particular package. Moreover, your students will also be able to know the type of services that they will only get for the package that they will be enrolling in.
- Tutoring packages are paid immediately by clients. Because of this, you can use the payment to fund for the tutor fee as well as for the development of the materials.
- Tutoring package provide a defined pattern to both students and tutors. Due to this, the sequence of the tutoring session is very easy to follow thus saving you a lot of time when it comes to tutor preparations and student handling.
The Disadvantages Of Tutoring Packages
While tutoring packages offer a lot of advantages, they also come with several disadvantages. Here are some of the drawbacks of offering tutoring packages to your clients.
- Some clients might not be able to afford the price of your tutoring package. The costly initial fee is usually defined by the amount of hours or tutoring sessions included in the package and there are some students who are just looking for a few sessions in order to be able to achieve their study goals.
- If the student hasn’t completed the session requirements because he or she feels adequately informed, then compensation issues might arise. To solve this problem, it is important that you indicate a disclaimer to your student prior to the tutoring session.
- You also need to follow a stringent schedule that you need to comply with and there are some students who do not have flexible schedules to make it to the session.
Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of offering tutoring session is crucial to determine whether you should offer them to your students or not.